Education Analytics’ (EA) mission is to develop tools to support reform and continuous improvement in American education. Future Forward program offered by EA is a cost-effective, research-based early reading intervention that works. Future Forward’s program model is proven to improve student reading achievement by integrating one-on-one tutoring and family engagement into its design.
Protecting your privacy is fundamental to our mission and business. When we are able to learn a little from you about the technology you have available or are thinking about using, we can direct you to help get the most value out of the technology which you are using. The following summarizes our promises to you.
- We never sell your data or student data.
- We never advertise in Future Forward platform.
- We don’t own the content you add to Future Forward platform.
- We use the latest security industry best practices to protect you.
- We are transparent about our practices and will notify you if things change.
- We are compliant with FERPA, COPPA, and applicable state laws.
Education Analytics, Inc (EA) understands that its customers, visitors, users, and others who use https://futureforwardliteracy.org/ (“User” or “Users”) value their privacy. This Privacy Notice details important information regarding the use and disclosure of User information collected in Future Forward program and platform (“Website”).
WHAT INFORMATION DOES EA COLLECT?
Data that comes from educators, and users of the Future Forward program and platform are collected by EA. Details are listed below:
User Provided information: When you use Future Forward, we collect your name, and email address to verify your identity.
- Communications: Future Forward collects any information you send to us directly, such as email communication.
- Cookies Information: When you visit the Website, we may send one or more cookies to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. You can remove cookies with most Web browsers by following its instructions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your Web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent, but some features of the Website may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log File Information: When you use the Website, our servers automatically record certain information that your Web browser sends whenever you visit any Website. These server logs may include information such as your Web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring /exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Google Analytics: EA uses Google Analytics to help analyze how visitors use our sites, applications, and online services. Google Analytics collects visitor information like IP addresses, browser types, the accessing app, unique user webpage visits, referring pages and websites. EA does not use Google Analytics to collect any personally identifying information from users. EA uses the data collected in Google Analytics to provide statistical analysis of web page traffic patterns to assist in improving our solutions and services.
HOW DOES EA USE THIS INFORMATION?
- We only use this information to provide our services to you.
- Allow you to access and use our program by verifying your identity and storing your Activities.
- Develop enhancements to Future Forward program and platform relevant for educators, teachers, families and students.
- Investigate, prevent, and detect activities on our service that we believe may violate the law or applicable regulations.
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Website and to create new features, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
DOES FUTURE FORWARD AND EDUCATION ANALYTICS ALLOW ADVERTISING OR SHARE DATA FOR ADVERTISING?
Absolutely not. EA and the Future Forward program is a not for profit organization program and are therefore prohibited from commercial activity like advertising as a business. That aside we have no interest in advertising within Future Forward program or platform as it is designed for educator and student and family use only. We never display ads, allow third-party ads, share data for advertising or marketing purposes, or allow data collection by third-party advertisers or data brokers.
IN WHAT LIMITED CIRCUMSTANCES MAY EA NEED TO SHARE MY INFORMATION?
We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use. We do not sell your personally identifiable information to third parties.
We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
DO YOU COLLECT DATA ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE?
We’ve listed all the data we collect in the section above titled “What Information Does EA and Future Forward Collect”. We intentionally limit our data collection to only what we need to provide service via Future Forward program for you.
HOW TO VIEW, CORRECT, EDIT, PORT, OR UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any personal information that we have about you comes from the Future Forward program sessions and assessment records. If you want to correct, edit, download, or update information, please work directly with your school, or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW DOES EA’s FUTURE FORWARD PROGRAM KEEP YOUR DATA SAFE?
EA takes protecting your security and privacy seriously and we’ve put a number of measures in place to protect the integrity of your information, including use of access-controlled data centers, routine 3rd party security audits, restricted employee access to user information, data encryption in transit and encryption of content at rest.
In the event of a security breach, we will notify affected account holders within the amount of time required by law so that you can take steps to keep your data safe.
Changes and updates to this Privacy Notice
Date Last Modified
This Privacy Notice was last modified September 1, 2020
Please contact EA with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice by email: email@example.com